The proportion of elderly adults is rapidly rising as life expectancy increases. Many of these adults will not retain sufficient numbers of teeth for the remainder of their lives, and will require complete dentures at some point. This book deals with the planning, construction and review of complete dentures and examines the role of osseointegrated prostheses in the management of edentulism.
• Countdown to Edentulousness: Managing the Transition Successfully
• Assessment of the Edentulous Patient
• Impression Procedures for Complete Dentures
• Registration of the Jaw Relationship
• Aesthetic Considerations for Edentulous Patients
• Developing Occlusal Schemes for Complete Dentures
• From Trial Dentures to Delivery
• Review Visit: Problem Solving
• Building On Success with Copy Dentures
• The Shifting Treatment Paradigm: Replacement Dentures or Implant-retained Prostheses?